ABOUT THE ROLE
Role: Team Leader
Contract: Minimum 9 Months
Start Date: September 2019
Reporting to: Programme Manager
Time Commitment: Full-time (weekdays & weekends inclusive)
Open: Applications are interviewed on a rolling basis
MORE ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
An immersive leadership development programme
A VU program is a 6 week in-country placement where volunteers and in-country teachers work together to ensure all children are learning. Our program is designed on four foundations; mutual empowerment; collaboration and sharing; sustainability, and innovation.
Effective and meaningful experiences
For volunteers, the experience starts from the moment they are confirmed on one of our programs, with careful guided preparation beginning many months before arriving in country. Pre-departure activities include self-directed study modules, peer-support from Team Leaders and Program Managers, (in person/web-based sessions) and socials. These are designed to ensure volunteers are well equipped with the skills and attitudes to both be effective and enjoy the experience.
Collaboration with partners and educators
Whilst in-country, our volunteers work in collaboration with local teachers to support the quality of learning in classrooms. Feedback consistently shows that volunteers who are best prepared for the experience have the best chance of a long lasting impact, both for themselves and those they work with.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Inspiring and effective leaders who will continue to drive our teaching programmes forward while bringing others along with them in the process.
- Culturally and emotionally intelligent individuals who advocate for equity in educational opportunities with integrity.
- Individuals, ideally with a background in teaching or education, who understand working towards a big picture outcome while remaining detail-focused.
YOUR COMMITMENT TO US
- Attend and participate in all training sessions in person or online.
- Seek to promote VU and recruit for VU programs through attendance of at least one event.
- Uphold the Team Leader Code of Conduct and all other VU safety protocols in the lead up to and during your role.
- Be in Uganda for a minimum of 3 days before start of each program.
- Ensure you have all necessary vaccinations and insurance ahead of travel.
OUR COMMITMENT TO YOU
- Fully-fund your round-trip flight to Uganda
- Provide all accommodation in Uganda
- Cover all meals
- Cover any required visas
- Excursions (except Gorilla Tracking)
- Provide recruitment and project management training
- Transport and expenses, as agreed
- Provide 24⁄7 support during your your role.
- Be flexible if you wish to extend travel plans before/after contract dates.
- Provide you with Team Leader kit (polo, money belts, first aid kit, local sim-card)
HOW TO APPLY
Please email your cv to: email@example.comSUBMIT AN APPLICATION ONLINE HERE